Pregnancy comes with a mixed feeling of happiness and worries and being pregnant isn’t an easy ride for a woman. You are happy that you are going to receive the most the precious gift of life i.e. motherhood but, at the same time raging hormones in your body force it to undergo a lot of changes. One of these problems is piles or varicose veins which can be itchy, painful and uncomfortable. Piles affect around 1 in 10 women in their pregnancy. Pressure from enlarging uterus plus the increase in blood flow to the pelvic area can make the veins in the rectal wall to swell and bulge. Constipation can be another reason for piles but here is some good news that we can go for a lot of home remedies to treat them.
Home remedies or Granny cure is an old style of treating diseases from natural ingredients like spices, vegetables, fruits, herbs or several techniques by which old societies used to cure their illness in a natural way and without any side effects which is the most important thing during pregnancy. Any medicine with side effects can cause harm to your child also in various ways. Here are some guidelines you can follow for the natural treatment of piles:
- Stays hydrated and drink plenty of water.
- Eat fibrous food. Add loads of fresh vegetables, fruits, and whole grains to avoid piles during pregnancy.
- Regular exercise also helps in improving blood circulation and prevents piles during pregnancy.
- Don’t sit in a position for a long time. Take a five-minute walk every hour to improve blood circulation and hence piles.
- Taking a warm bath reduces discomfort.
- Take sitz bath, witch hazel or ice packs to soothe the sting of piles.
- Sleep on your side and not your back.
- Don’t strain during toilet.
- Clean the area around your bottom carefully after going to the toilet. Use wet wipes instead of toilet tissue.
You can avoid hemorrhoids or soothe the hemorrhoids affected area by following these tips. Stay healthy and enjoy your pregnancy.